baby dies of meningitis after being kissed

An 18-day-old girl died Tuesday in Iowa from meningitis she reportedly contracted after being kissed by a person who had a wild fire.

The parents of the little girl, Nicole and Shane Sifrit, shared the sad news on their Facebook page.

“Our princess, Mariana Reese Sifrit, received her angel wings this morning while she was in her dad’s arms … We now know she is no longer suffering and that she is with God, “wrote the mother of the family.

♡ Our princess Mariana Reese Sifrit gained her angel wings at 8:41 am this morning in her daddy's arms and her mommy…

Posted by Nicole Sifrit on Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Little Mariana had fallen ill about a week after her birth on 1 July.

Her parents, who had just married, noticed that she was no longer eating and that they had trouble waking her.

“In less than two hours, she stopped breathing and everything was chained,” Nicole Sifrit told CNN.

According to the doctors, the girl had contracted meningitis after a person carrying a wild fire kissed her.

The parents of the baby were tested, but it was not they who transmitted this virus. So it would seem that someone had visited them.

“We let people touch her, kiss her. As any parent does in general, “said the mother of the family.

A pediatrician told CNN that HVS-1 is transmitted very easily, but rarely develops in meningitis.

“The first two months after the birth of a baby are critical. A virus of this kind can develop really quickly and cause serious harm to newborns, “said Dr. Tanya Altmann.

Recommended For You

Emmy Skylar

About the Author: Emmy Skylar

Emmy Skylar started working for Debate Report in 2017. Emmy grew up in a small town in northern Manitoba. But moved to Ontario for university. Before joining Debate Report, Emmy briefly worked as a freelance journalist for CBC News.  She covers politics and the economy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *