When it comes to naming popular operating systems, Windows 10 is on the top of the list. Unfortunately, this popularity comes with wider exposure to viruses and different malicious programs. This means that Windows 10 is more vulnerable than other operating systems, despite Microsoft’s efforts to solve the virus threat problem.
The software giant came up with the idea of adding a free antivirus. Truth be told, Windows Defender works, but it’s not perfect. It can cover 99% of the threats waiting ”to attack” an operating system, but new dangers and malwares keep appearing every day.
Under these circumstances, a lot of Windows 10 users are heading their attention towards other antivirus software. Cyber-security and data protection specialists have recently made some tests and compiled a list with the best alternatives for Windows Defender.
It’s not easy to choose the most efficient antivirus for Windows 10, but we can help!
If you are looking for a good protection for your Windows 10 system, you definitely should check the following list. We will mention the experts’ selection in random order.
This is one of the best antivirus for Windows 10. It received high scores thanks to its good performance and improved protection. It has similar features to another popular item from the ”protective” family – Avira Plus, but it is more expensive and works a little slower than Avira.
BitDefender Plus comes with a lot of cool features like:
- Advanced Threat Defence
- Secure Browsing
- Complete Data Protection
- Safe Online Banking
- Ransomware protection and more.
Avira Antivirus Pro
A lot of people consider Avira Antivirus Pro to be the best is the best antivirus for Windows 10 devices. The user-friendly interface is quite easy to use, despite the fact that is one of the most professional features encountered in an antivirus. Avira’s key specs are modern and representative for the Windows 10 community:
- It comes with heuristic technology that is very efficient against ransomware attacks
- It can be controlled through a removable device
- Offers bullet-proof identity protection
- Avira features safer Internet banking conditions
- It’s one of the fastest working antivirus software and follows all data privacy protocols.
ESET Smart Security Premium
This is excellent antivirus software for Windows 10, but users might have noticed that it makes the system run a little slow. ESET gives people the possibility to enjoy its features on several devices. This is possible thanks to its Multi-device option.
In addition, it has other awesome specs like:
- The Ransomware Protection is enabled
- Parental control feature
- Protection against spyware and script-based attacks
- Safe online banking and more.
Avast Free Antivirus
This software is available for free and in a paid version. However, the free version sometimes beats the costly alternative and this is the reason why we find Avast on this list. In terms of technical specs, we have to mention that the free version provides:
- Effortless security
- A separate gaming mode for super-smooth experiences with the users’ favourite games
- A special shield that supervises application and keeps them from bringing malware into Windows 10 devices
- CyberCapture, a cool feature that sends vicious files to the Cloud and keeps the other files away from their action.
This antivirus software offers the highest protection rate, including against Wi-Fi threats. It comes with free tools that make Internet scrolling safer and easier than ever before. Apart from similarities with other items from our list, F-Secure also brings:
- Improved virus protection
- A Find your Phone feature
- Better browsing, banking and family protection
- Strong shield against Wi-Fi ”intruders”
- A free personal VPN and efficient tracking protection.
Find out more about each of these Windows 10 antivirus software and choose the one you consider more suitable for your needs.
Emmy Skylar started working for Debate Report in 2017. Emmy grew up in a small town in northern Manitoba. But moved to Ontario for university. Before joining Debate Report, Emmy briefly worked as a freelance journalist for CBC News. She covers politics and the economy.