Man Contracts Flesh-Eating Bacteria Dies two Days Later

A woman from Florida has been talking on Facebook about a flesh-eating bacteria that her father had contracted while swimming. He died after 48 hours. She said that a flesh-eating bacteria sounds more like an urban legend. However, it’s as real as it gets.

Dave Bennett was at a famous Gulf in Mexic  – Destin. He was with his wife and his daughter. The family enjoyed a day of jet ski riding at Rocky Bayou when Bennett got infected. They had a lot of fun.

She explains that they were out in the bay on the boat, they went on the beach in Destin, swam in Boggy Bayou and then at Rocky Bayou. They left at about 4 p.m. she said that he seemed very happy and healthy. Then, on Saturday morning, Bennett woke up with cramps, a fever, and chills.

She then explains that her parents wanted to go back to Memphis that morning and that they went to the hospital. She said her dad had cancer, so his immune system was compromised. They decided that the best thing to do was to go to the hospital and get him checked.

The family knew about the problems with “naturally-occurring bacteria” that lived in the waters around Destin, so they tried to prepare themselves. They knew about a 12-year-old girl that contracted the bacteria, that turned into necrotizing fasciitis in Destin. However, the daughter did not want to believe that. Before her parents came to her, she began obsessing about the bacteria. She decided to take care of her family.

Her dad did not have any open wounds. He used sun cream. They took all the precautions they needed. However, it was not enough for Bennett.

A woman from Florida has been talking on Facebook about a flesh-eating bacteria that her father had contracted while swimming. He died after 48 hours. She said that a flesh-eating bacteria sounds more like an urban legend. However, it’s as real as it gets.

Dave Bennett was at a famous Gulf in Mexic  – Destin. He was with his wife and his daughter. The family enjoyed a day of jet ski riding at Rocky Bayou when Bennett got infected. They had a lot of fun.

She explains that they were out in the bay on the boat, they went on the beach in Destin, swam in Boggy Bayou and then at Rocky Bayou. They left at about 4 p.m. she said that he seemed very happy and healthy. Then, on Saturday morning, Bennett woke up with cramps, a fever, and chills.

She then explains that her parents wanted to go back to Memphis that morning and that they went to the hospital. She said her dad had cancer, so his immune system was compromised. They decided that the best thing to do was to go to the hospital and get him checked.

The family knew about the problems with “naturally-occurring bacteria” that lived in the waters around Destin, so they tried to prepare themselves. They knew about a 12-year-old girl that contracted the bacteria, that turned into necrotizing fasciitis in Destin. However, the daughter did not want to believe that. Before her parents came to her, she began obsessing about the bacteria. She decided to take care of her family.

Her dad did not have any open wounds. He used sun cream. They took all the precautions they needed. However, it was not enough for Bennett.

Recommended For You

Benjamin Diaz

About the Author: Benjamin Diaz

Benjamin Diaz started working for Debate Report in 2017. Ben grew up in a small town in northern Ontario. He studied chemistry in college, graduated, and married his wife a year later. Benhas been a proud Torontonian for the past 10 years. He covers politics and the economy. Previously he wrote for CTV News and the Huffington Post Canada.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *